The exercise can be very simple and it involves both physical and breathing exercises which are very effective in preventing the disease to catch the patient again. These exercises can be performed easily in the room or outside the room in the open hall or in the lawn area.
Let us find out some simple physical exercises that patient can begin after treatment:
- Still Jogging: Spread the exercise mat on the floor and stand straight. Take a deep breath and relax your body. Now here you can start slowly jogging on your toes without lifting the lower limbs and giving any kind of jerk to it. You just have to stand on your feet and do jogging on your toes. You can continue doing this for 5 minutes and make sure that you don’t exhaust yourself by jogging fast or for long time.
- Heel Raising: This is simple exercise that you can do by standing straight on the floor. You have to hold the back of a chair and raise your body slowly onto your toes. You have to raise your body on your heels and then relax and lower back down. You can continue doing this 10-20 times as per your capability.
- Sit to Stand: This is also an easy exercise that involves simple sit ups but make sure that it doesn’t get exhaustive. You have to sit on an arm chair, stool or any such furniture. Sit on the chair and take a deep breath and then lean forwards and stand up and relax the breath. And the sit down again and continue the exercise for 10 times or a little more.
- Arm Movement: Arm movement is also prescribed to be done by the patient however if you feel that your arm is not in healthy condition after treatment then you can avoid this exercise. In this exercise you have to raise your hands freely and slowly and touch the shoulders. And then the raise your arms over the head and stretch it upwards to the ceiling. You have to breathe in when you will raise your arms and while getting back the hands down you can breathe out. You can continue doing this exercise for 5-10 times.
- Step ups: In this exercise, the patient can use the ground level step of stairs and place one foot on the step and using the other leg to put the other feet on the step and then put the step down again. It can be continued from 10-20 times as the patient feels convenient to do this.
There are breathing exercises as well which can be done sitting in a straight back posture and with squatted legs. The patient can do breathe in and breathe out for 5-10 minutes.